I. General Terms and Conditions
§ 1 Basic provisions
(1) The following terms and conditions apply to contracts that you conclude with us as a provider (Altruan GmbH) via the website altruan.de. Unless otherwise agreed, the inclusion of any terms and conditions you may have used is objected to.
(2) A consumer within the meaning of the following regulations is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes that cannot predominantly be attributed to either their commercial or their independent professional activity. An entrepreneur is any natural or legal person or a partnership with legal capacity who, when concluding a legal transaction, acts in the exercise of their independent professional or commercial activity.
§ 2 Conclusion of the contract
(1) The subject of the contract is the sale of goods.
(2) When you place the respective product on our website, we make you a binding offer to conclude a contract via the online shopping cart system under the conditions stated in the item description.
(3) The contract is concluded via the online shopping cart system as follows:
The goods intended for purchase are placed in the “shopping cart”. You can use the corresponding button in the navigation bar to access the “shopping cart” and make changes there at any time.
After clicking the "Checkout" or "Continue to order" button (or similar name) and entering your personal data as well as the payment and shipping conditions, the order details will be displayed to you as an order overview.
If you use an instant payment system (e.g. PayPal (Express/Plus/Checkout), Amazon Pay, Sofort, giropay) as your payment method, you will either be taken to the order overview page in our online shop or to the website of the provider of the instant payment system forwarded.
If you are forwarded to the respective instant payment system, make the appropriate selection or enter your data there. Finally, the order data will be displayed as an order overview on the website of the provider of the instant payment system or after you have been redirected back to our online shop.
Before sending the order, you have the opportunity to check the information in the order overview again, change it (also using the "back" function of the Internet browser) or cancel the order.
By submitting the order using the corresponding button ("order with payment", "buy" / "buy now", "order with payment", "pay" / "pay now" or similar term) you declare your legally binding acceptance of the offer, whereby the contract comes into effect.
(4) Your requests to create an offer are non-binding for you. We will make you a binding offer in text form (e.g. by email), which you can accept within 5 days (unless another deadline is stated in the respective offer).
(5) The processing of the order and the transmission of all information required in connection with the conclusion of the contract is partly automated by email. You must therefore ensure that the email address you provide to us is correct, that receipt of emails is technically ensured and, in particular, that it is not prevented by SPAM filters.
§ 3 Individually designed goods
(1) You provide us with the appropriate information, texts or files required for the individual design of the goods via the online ordering system or by email at the latest immediately after conclusion of the contract. Our possible specifications regarding file formats must be observed.
(2) You undertake not to transmit any data whose content violates the rights of third parties (in particular copyrights, name rights, trademark rights) or violates existing laws. You expressly release us from all third-party claims asserted in this context. This also applies to the costs of the legal representation required in this context.
(3) We do not check the transmitted data for accuracy and therefore accept no liability for errors.
§ 4 Contract term / termination of subscription contracts
(1) The subscription contract concluded between you and us has the term stated in the respective offer, hereinafter referred to as the “basic term”. A basic term of more than 2 years cannot be agreed. (2) If the subscription contract is not terminated by one of the parties one month before the end of the basic term (unless a shorter period is stipulated in the respective offer), it is tacitly extended for an indefinite period of time. The extended contractual relationship can be canceled at any time with a notice period of one month (unless a shorter period is specified in the respective offer).
(3) The right to immediate termination for good cause remains unaffected.
(4) Any termination must be declared and transmitted either in text form (e.g. email) or via the termination button included on our website (“Cancel contracts here” or similar term).
§ 5 Special agreements on offered payment methods
(1) Payment via Klarna
In collaboration with Klarna Bank AB (publ) , Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer the following payment options. Payment is made to Klarna:
- Sofortüberweisung: Available in Germany and Austria. Your account will be debited immediately after you place your order.
§ 6 Right of retention, retention of title
(1) You can only exercise a right of retention if it concerns claims from the same contractual relationship.
(2) The goods remain our property until the purchase price has been paid in full.
(3) If you are an entrepreneur, the following also applies:
a) We reserve ownership of the goods until all claims from the ongoing business relationship have been settled in full. Pledging or transfer of security is not permitted before ownership of the reserved goods is transferred.
b) You can resell the goods in the ordinary course of business. In this case, you assign to us all claims in the amount of the invoice amount that arise from the resale and we accept the assignment. You are still authorized to collect the claim. However, if you do not properly meet your payment obligations, we reserve the right to collect the claim ourselves.
c) If the reserved goods are combined or mixed, we acquire co-ownership of the new item in the ratio of the invoice value of the reserved goods to the other processed items at the time of processing.
d) We undertake to release the securities to which we are entitled at your request to the extent that the realizable value of our securities exceeds the claim to be secured by more than 10%. We are responsible for selecting the securities to be released.
§ 7 Warranty
(1) The statutory liability rights for defects apply.
(2) As a consumer, you are asked to check the goods immediately upon delivery for completeness, obvious defects and transport damage and to report any complaints to us and the freight forwarder as quickly as possible. If you do not comply with this, this will have no effect on your statutory warranty claims.
(3) If a feature of the goods deviates from the objective requirements, the deviation is only considered agreed if you were informed of the same by us before the contract declaration was made and the deviation was expressly and separately agreed between the contracting parties.
(4) If you are an entrepreneur, the following warranty provisions apply:
a) Only our own information and the manufacturer's product description are deemed to be agreed as to the quality of the goods, but not other advertising, public praise and statements made by the manufacturer.
b) In the event of defects, we will, at our discretion, provide warranty through repair or subsequent delivery. If the defect cannot be remedied, you can either request a reduction in price or withdraw from the contract. The remedy of the defect is deemed to have failed after an unsuccessful second attempt, unless the nature of the goods or the defect or other circumstances indicate otherwise. In the event of repair, we do not have to bear the increased costs that arise from moving the goods to a location other than the place of performance if the delivery does not correspond to the intended use of the goods.
c) The warranty period is one year from delivery of the goods. The shortening of the deadline does not apply:
- for culpably caused damages attributable to us resulting from injury to life, body or health and other damages caused intentionally or through gross negligence;
- if we fraudulently concealed the defect or assumed a guarantee for the quality of the item;
- for items that were used for a building in accordance with their normal use and caused its defects;
- in the event of legal recourse claims that you have against us in connection with defect rights.
§ 8 Choice of law, place of performance, place of jurisdiction
(1) German law applies. For consumers, this choice of law only applies to the extent that the protection granted by mandatory provisions of the law of the consumer's country of habitual residence is not withdrawn (principle of favourability).
(2) The place of performance for all services from the business relationships existing with us and the place of jurisdiction is our registered office, provided you are not a consumer but a merchant, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law. The same applies if you do not have a general place of jurisdiction in Germany or the EU or your place of residence or habitual residence is not known at the time the action is filed. The right to appeal to the court at another legal place of jurisdiction remains unaffected by this.
(3) The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods expressly do not apply.
§ 9 Sale of weapons
(1) When selling goods that are covered by the Weapons Act, we only enter into contractual relationships with adult customers.
For goods that are listed as requiring a permit in Appendix 2 of the Weapons Act, you must also provide proof that you have a valid weapons license (purchase permit). For goods that are listed as prohibited in Appendix 2 of the Weapons Act, you also have to provide proof to provide proof that you have a valid exemption in accordance with Section 40 Paragraph 4 of the Weapons Act. These sales restrictions are pointed out in the respective item descriptions as follows: "Sale only to people over 18 years of age", "Sale only to holders of a purchase permit ", "Supply only to holders of a special permit".
(2) By submitting your order, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and that your details regarding your name and address are correct. You further undertake that only you will receive the goods upon delivery.
(3) We instruct the logistics service provider responsible for the delivery to only hand over the goods to you after verifying your age and identity.
For goods that are listed as requiring a permit in Appendix 2 of the Weapons Act, you must also provide proof of your purchase permit to the logistics service provider before handing over the goods. For goods that are listed as prohibited in Appendix 2 of the Weapons Act, you must provide the logistics service provider with proof of your purchase license before handing over the goods Goods must also provide proof of your exemption.
II. Customer information
1. Identity of the seller
Alternative dispute resolution:
The European Commission provides a platform for out-of-court online dispute resolution (OS platform), which can be accessed at https://ec.europa.eu/odr .
We are not prepared to take part in dispute resolution proceedings before consumer arbitration boards.
2. Information on the conclusion of the contract
The technical steps to conclude the contract, the conclusion of the contract itself and the correction options are carried out in accordance with the provisions "Conclusion of the contract" of our General Terms and Conditions (Part I.).
3. Contract language, contract text storage
3.1. The contract language is German.
3.2. We do not save the complete contract text. Before sending the order via the online shopping cart system, the contract data can be printed out or saved electronically using the browser's print function. After we receive the order, the order data, the legally required information for distance selling contracts and the general terms and conditions will be sent to you again by email.
3.3. If you request an offer outside of the online shopping cart system, you will receive all contract data as part of a binding offer in text form, for example by email, which you can print out or save electronically.
4. Essential characteristics of the goods or services
The essential characteristics of the goods and/or services can be found in the respective offer.
5. Prices and payment methods
5.1. The prices listed in the respective offers as well as the shipping costs represent total prices. They include all price components including all applicable taxes.
5.2. The shipping costs are not included in the purchase price. They can be accessed via a correspondingly labeled button on our website or in the respective offer, are shown separately during the ordering process and are to be borne by you additionally, unless free shipping has been guaranteed.
5.3. Any costs incurred for the money transfer (transfer or exchange rate fees from credit institutions) must be borne by you in cases where the delivery is made to an EU member state but the payment was made outside the European Union.
5.4. The payment methods available to you are shown under a correspondingly labeled button on our website or in the respective offer.
5.5. Unless otherwise stated for the individual payment methods, the payment claims arising from the concluded contract are due for payment immediately.
6. Delivery conditions
6.1. The delivery conditions, the delivery date and any existing delivery restrictions can be found under a correspondingly labeled button on our website or in the respective offer.
6.2. If you are a consumer, it is regulated by law that the risk of accidental loss and accidental deterioration of the item sold during shipment only passes to you when the goods are handed over to you, regardless of whether the shipment is insured or uninsured. This does not apply if you have independently commissioned a transport company not named by the entrepreneur or another person designated to carry out the shipment.
If you are an entrepreneur, delivery and dispatch are at your risk.
7. Statutory liability law for defects
Liability for defects is based on the “Warranty” regulation in our General Terms and Conditions (Part I).
8. Contract term / termination
Information on the term of the contract and the termination conditions can be found in the regulation “Contract term / termination of subscription contracts” in our General Terms and Conditions (Part I), as well as in the respective offer.
These general terms and conditions and customer information were created by the dealer association's lawyers who specialize in IT law and are constantly checked for legal compliance. Merchant Association Management AG guarantees the legal security of the texts and is liable in the event of warnings. Further information can be found at: https://www.haendlerbund.de/de/dienste/rechtssicherheit/agb-service .